The next door property Solbakken was purchased for 4,000 kroner by Bjørnson from Kristoffer Janson in 1888. It was listed as the main building and home for Erling Bjørnson at Nedre Aulestad. Bjørnstjerne and Karoline wanted to keep the old main building themselves after the farm was transferred to their son Erling in 1890. In the photograph we can see that the stabbur (store house) and the stable have been moved. The stable has been rebuilt as a combined stable and tenant farmer cottage. This was completed in 1903.