OTTO JØRSTAD’S AULESTAD
Bjørnson bought Aulestad from Otto Jørstad, and this photograph shows Aulestad during Jørstad’s time. It shows that Ludvig Skramstad had left out a window on the ground floor in his drawing, (the later music room) and that the farmhands’ cottage (Drengestua) and the store house (stabbur) both had half hipped roofs like the main building. The Stabbur clock disappeared when Bjørnson built a coach house replacing the Stabbur (store house) in 1881. Drengestua ( the farmhands’ cottage) must also have been altered.